Dear NACTV viewers
PLEASE NOTE: NACTV has migrated to a different broadcasting platform!
After 29 February 2020, you WILL NOT be able to receive NACTV using a Multichoice decoder.
What does this mean for NACTV viewers?
- No broadcast via DSTV, Multichoice;
- No assistance from Global Access Call Centre from 1 March 2020;
- NACTV will be on a Free-to-Air (FTA) platform; (Please consult with a local installer to assist with installations);
- The channel will run 24/7 and comes with increasing international content;
- The channel can also be viewed via live streaming:
- YouTube - https://youtu.be/CevP0byxexM (If for any reason you cannot access this link, the updated link will be accessible via the church’s website – nac-sa.org.za)
- and using VLC Media Player by inserting the following link http://cdn.purpleturtle.tv/live/nactv/nactv.stream/playlist.m3u8 into the “open network stream” in the media
What impact will this move have on NACTV viewers?
- NO monthly subscription fees will apply;
- The current satellite dish can be retained;
- The satellite dish does not have to be repositioned;
- You WILL NEED to purchase and install a Free-to-Air set-top box;
- You will also be able to view several other free channels apart from
Purchasing an FTA Set-top box
- You can buy an FTA Set-top-Box from any preferred supplier (Game, Makro, Incredible Connection, Take-A-Lot Bid or Buy, eBay.com);
- These boxes vary in make/model and price and excludes installation costs;
- When shopping (online or in store), ask for an FTA (Free-to-Air) Set-top box with the following specifications:
- A combination of DVB-S2 (Digital Video Broadcast – Satellite 2nd Generation) and DVB-T2 (Digital Video Broadcast – Terrestrial 2nd Generation);
- Ensure that the Set-top box is HEVC/H.265 ready for future use. (High Efficient Video Coding, is the new standard video compression);
- The OVHD (OpenView HD) decoder WILL NOT pick up the NACTV
(Please consult with a local installer to assist with installations)
NACTV Helpdesk: 087 8222 356
Thank you for your continuous support in growing NACTV.
14 February 2020
… for You and Me
Click below for insert as broadcast on NACTV regarding the migration: